Coach the Next Qatari Success Story
QBIC’s Lean Coach Program – the first of its kind in Qatar – is specifically designed to develop the next generation of certified startup coaches & equip them with skill sets that allow them to help transform promising startups into successful businesses.
A new wave of select candidates will gain a thorough understanding of the startup journey and the key technical & personal developmental needs at each stage of growth, starting with the Problem Solution Fit stage.
12 Sep 2023
Next LCP Wave
Coaches Trained Since 2019
The Lean Coach Program is designed to have a mix of technical and practical knowledge areas. The format of the Lean Coach Program is as follows:
- Seminars / Workshops: Participants will be introduced to lean startup topics in a seminar format along with the startups. The topics covered throughout the program include business modelling, customer segmentation and discovery, prototyping, validation, market sizing, fundraising, & pitching.
- Coaching / Shadow Coaching: Participants will shadow coach the startups along with QBIC lead coaches for the first 6 weeks of the program. Week 7 onwards, the participants will be required to lead the coaching sessions.
Key Dates (Program starts on 12 Sep 2023)
- Week 0 - Onboarding for selected participants
- Week 1 - Start of seminar sessions and shadow coaching sessions (12 sessions in total)
- Week 7 - Start of lead coaching sessions and continuation of seminar sessions (9 sessions in total)
- Week 11 – Graduation, commissioning, and onboarding of top coaches
Considerations for Applications
In order to apply for this program, the ideal candidate must:
- Be Qatari or a resident of Qatar
- Have co-founded or worked/working with a startup
- Have deep knowledge in at least one of (product, marketing, sales, investment)
- Willing to allocate 1 hour per week to coach startups for 1-year
- Have the passion to support local entrepreneurs
- Possess significant knowledge of the local & international markets
Selection Criteria For Commissioning:
- Attend at least 90% of the program
- Engage with startups and provide relevant feedback during the program
- Be able to commit to coaching for 1 year at a 2 hour frequency / startup / month
Why Join This Program
- Earn your QBIC startup coach certification upon successfully completing the program
- Earn a 1-year, paid contract – starting January 2024 – by coaching up to 2 startups recurrently